Amazing drift. More adjustability.
The third-gen Section is built for both traditional and freestyle-wave (surf-style) enthusiasts with serious depower for down-the-line drifting and incredible control off the lip. The Section 3 carries over its small diameter ExoTex airframe, lightweight surf construction, and super quick reflexes from its predecessor. And now, CORE’s chief designer, Frank Ilfrich, adds CIT MODES to the bridle and another wingtip connection point to give seasoned wave riders more control over their kite.
Now available with CIT MODES
CORE’s new CIT Modes calibrate the Section 3 according to wind direction. Three, anti-snag bridle attachment points make kite adjustments for onshore wind, all-round conditions, and offshore wind. The onshore setting sits the kite deeper in the wind window, giving it more grunt and better drift. The offshore setting sits the kite more forward in the wind window, giving it higher depower and faster forward speed. CORE also added one more back line trim point to give hardcore wave riders more control over their kite setup.
Leveraging proven kite construction.
Four years of big wave riding prove out CORE tough technology. CoreTex canopies and ExoTex airframes have powered the Sections from day one and have proven themselves in the most extreme big wave conditions. Ask any Section rider how their kite has stood up over time.
Under promise. And over deliver.
No fancy talk. No superlatives needed. Those who ride the Section know what they’re looking for in a new kite and big change isn’t one of them. So, we’ve stayed true to the original Section feel and focused on making the kite easier to set up (as in CIT Modes) and save weight where possible (shorter inflation tubes) while maintaining its bombproof construction.
Section 2 LW: Small waves and good vibes.
The Section 3 LW departs somewhat from traditional wisdom in that a bigger kite is counterproductive on waves. The new Section LW’s immense range lets riders easily spill the wind so they can focus on surfing. The LW’s agility and surface area to weight efficiency give the feeling of a smaller kite and yet it still has the pull to get you out of trouble in the lulls. And gusts are held in check with its incredible depower. It’s easy to question the efficacy of a 12 or 13.5m wave kite if you haven’t ridden one. If you ask Rob Kidnie, a CORE team rider in Bali, Indonesia, which Section 3 is his favorite, he’ll say the 13.5m LW.
- Exotex® Ultra Rigid Dacron - For zero stretch airframes.
- Coretex® Triple Ripstop Canopy - Extreme durability and UV protection.
- Ultralight 3 Strut Frame - Super light yet amazingly rigid and durable.
- Future-c Shape - True C-kite feel. For snappy turns with a controlled and consistent pull.
- CIT Modes - Customizable “power steering” and turning speed.
- Radical Reaction Tips - C-style shaped wingtips for fast bar response.
- Instant Relaunch - Effortless water relaunches.
- Speed Valve 2 - Fast, reduced effort inflation.
- Speed Pump System - Improved all strut inflation.
- Sensor Bar Ready - Calibrated for all Sensor bar systems.
Core Section 3
Shipping 1-10 Days